Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday Irreverence

Last week my fabulous mother-in-law was in town and brought Laurel to Relief Society. Cristie sat in a row with another woman who was assigned a scripture to read at an appointed time during the lesson. In the middle of reading the scripture, Laurel walks over to her and lifts her (the adult woman's) knee-length circle skirt straight up in the air. The sister thankfully responded by laughing. As only a few people could see what happened, I'm sure the rest of the RS couldn't figure out why someone would start chortling at such an inapproriate time. I wish I had been there to see it. Laurel always has a few tricks up her sleeve on Sunday.

5 comments:

Paige said...

Ha ha, there's nothing like a toddler panty raid to make church more interesting! Kids always make church more fun -- I love going to Primary just to see what Will and Davis are going to say next.

Chelsi Ritter said...

amanda thank you so much for your christmas card! i can't believe how much laurel has grown! what a beautiful little girl. i was surprised how blond she is. we miss you guys!

mikbeth said...

Ha! That's a great story! Lydia was showing her own panties to the RS pres the first Sunday she wore panties to church. Ha! Love it!

Super L said...

Hey! Thanks so much for the Christmas card, it was a great surprise to see what you guys were up to! I had lots of good intentions to send out Chinese New Year Cards (why, you ask? ahhhh . . .) but the week has come and gone, and no cards. So, I'll visit your blog instead!

You can come check out ours if you want--that's kind of like me sending you a nice, newsy card, right? Yeah . . .

Anyway. I'm totally jealous about Whole Foods. Heaven knows what horrific chemicals are sprayed onto our produce over here.

Jana said...

I was upskirted by my 2 yr old just a few weeks ago. Standing in the foyer after sacrament meeting got out. Fun. Joe keeps going for the shirt, too. He got my sister Sunday, bra & all.