Monday, February 23, 2009

A becomes a bbq convert

Basically, our entire family visited us in Austin during the first two months of 2009 - but you really really have to come back! Why? Because we found the best bbq joint in town.
Hmm, let me clarify. I find bbq to be only merely okay - a bunch of cooked meat with some often overly sweet sauce...Not exciting. I'm a hamburger gal, not a brisket girl. However, I accidentally discovered a year ago that I am a huge ribs fan! Artz Rib House in Austin is superb! Luke had their smoked turkey (makes me rethink my aversion to the standard Thanksgiving entree) and I dug into a half order of their classic ribs - wowee. Perfect sauce, perfect slaw, perfect formica tables and worn out chairs. A great joint! Allison and Matt, this is a must-eat-at-location for your summer sojourn in this fine city.

1 comment:

Paige said...

I'm glad it has the right tables and chairs -- very important in a BBQ place. Like how at Redbones in Davis Square you drink out of quart-sized Mason jars. I love how BBQ is all about excess: excess in portions, sauce, time spent in the smoky oven, usually weird decor on the walls...