Sunday, February 08, 2009

Laurel's First Sentence

So tonight we were driving back from dinner at a friend's (paella with rabbit and snails, yes I ate a snail!), and we were taking turns telling Laurel, "I love you."

After a few rounds of that, she responded with "I love you, Daddy." Oh, you should have seen the look on her face when she said it - she was so stinkin' proud of herself - and we were too. That's her first sentence! Oh, we can hardly wait till she starts talking! It is such a heart-melting thing to be parents!

Oh, and two weeks ago she started folding her arms during some prayers. When we we drove up to the church this morning, she immediately folded her arms. Are little almost 16-month ones that observant?? It's a bit disconcerting!

And I brought crayons and blank paper to church today, and she spent the bulk of sacrament meeting coloring - such a big girl! I told my mom today I'm getting a bit baby hungry because I'm more fully realizing how much my baby isn't a baby anymore!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

It is amazing how quickly they catch on, huh? Parker went through a terrible hitting and pushing phase around this same time and we were always telling him, "Nice." and rubbing the side of his face. Now, whenever we say we are going to church or we are going to a friends house he will say, "nice." and rub the side of his face.

And when we put him down for bed he will say, "prayers." and fold his arms.

I love it. Because it shows that we have taught them something important. And he learned from it.

Ben taught his to say,Cindy. So, now I am trying to teach him that my name is mommy. He calls me mommy most of the time.....I hate it when I hear, "Cinny," Though.

Be careful what you say!