Friday, March 06, 2009

First Day of Work

So I pulled out my business suit for the first time in almost two years yesterday...and my lunch seminar went really well! There were almost 20 people signed up to attend, but only 4 showed, but that's just fine by me because I am paid the same regardless of the number of attendees. (Yes Daddy, they reimburse mileage as well.) Our topic was resiliency - apropos for these economic times, and especially for this international company which has had 11% layoffs with more yet to come. Really, all I did was discuss a few topics and facilitate discussion. Course 29-year old me is such an expert....I contemplated using a light brown pencil to draw in some wrinkles to give me more credibility...Anyway, it was a really good chance for me to play work-life coach (um, that's how I was introduced...fancy!!!). I hope I have the chance to do more of these! Thanks for everyone's support!

2 comments:

Chelsi Ritter said...

congrats, amanda! i've always thought of you as intelligent, personally! even in the hub of it all in cambridge!

Paige said...

Hurray! I'm so glad it went well!