Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mothering


When my parents were in town last month, I asked Oma to bring my cherished Effanbee doll for Laurel. She already had a cloth doll that she happily packed around the house, so I figured she was ready for something more realistic. It is amazing how maternal toddler girls are with dolls! It really speaks to the fact that women and men are born with innate differences. "Butterball" (Mom, why did I name her that, anyway?) is wearing an adorable swimsuit and cap that my mother sewed for her back in the day.

2 comments:

mikbeth said...

Surprisingly Isaac shows a bit of maternal cuddling as well. I'll catch him walking around with Lydia's "Dolly" patting her on the back. Too cute. Of course then he throws her. Hmmm, so much for the maternal instinct.

Heather said...

So cute. Hannah does the same thing.