Monday, April 13, 2009

In what sort of home do Girl Scout cookies remain uneaten?



Seriouly, we have an almost full box of Thin Mints and a few Caramel Delights in our pantry. Luke has been on a no-sugar/low-sugar diet as a means of reducing some chronic pain (it has helped), and I recently decided to give it a go too. Mind you, just a 3 week go, as Easter was fast approaching, and I certainly couldn't survive without a lamb cake. But I needed an incentive. Resisting baked goods is really hard for me, but a good home decor item is just the sort of incentive I need. Behold, the lamps. I'd seen them at Target a few months ago and couldn't get them out of my head. I have a love affair with glass lamps...these are just lucite, but then, I love lucite too! I bought them at the beginning of my three week sugar fast and put them on the table, wrapped in plastic and told myself they'd have to go back if I couldn't practice some self-discipline. Needless to say, it was the easiest diet I've ever been on. Aren't the lamps just so pretty?? I LOVE them. The shades are a great greige color, but I'm sure they'll be spray painted another hue once I decide on the living room decor. [And I don't normally decorate with dolls and stuffed animals - those are just Laurel's Easter goodies.)

3 comments:

Jill said...

Love the lamps, and I especially love Laurel's Easter dress. She is so beautiful!

Lianne Barr said...

What a great idea! I'll have to try that. Home decor as rewards . . .

Paige said...

Great-looking lamps -- I think this strategy might work for me in, you know, 3 months.