Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Creativity

Since last fall's Relief Society broadcast, President Uchtdorf's remarks have been in the back of my head. His comments about making life more beautiful around us struck me - probably because I'm living in the ugliest graduate housing apartment ever. Now, don't think I'm totally shallow - I get that making things beautiful primarily means strengthening the relationships with our God and our family members. But I'm tired of ugly and boring and disorganized things. A friend of mine just ramped up her interior design business, and I thought, hey, that must be interesting. So I've begun reading up on the topic. I've had a desire to expand my cooking repertoire, so I've purposely taken some risks in the kitchen. And all these things just make me feel - pretty! Not that I'm actually been doing any decorating or plating gorgeous meals - but acquiring knowledge makes me feel - pretty! Thanks to Sarah for posting this link on her page and reminding me of my goals. It's a great pick-me-up.

1 comment:

Paige said...

I was really inspired by his talk, too, and I very much agree that working on talents -- especially ones that beautify our daily lives like interior design -- are really good for the soul. And your new food blog is great! Keep up the good work!