Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy 5th Anniversary!


When a couple gets married, they have hopes and dreams but they cannot see into the future. And wow I had no idea how exciting our blank slate would turn out to be. We've moved 5 times in 5 years - a few moves within Provo, Utah...Goodness knows that we never could have predicted subsequent moves to Massachusetts, Iowa, and Texas. It's been a nonstop adventure for us! The last three years have been particularly rough, but I know that our marriage is better now than it was when it began, and I'm stoked to see where the next five years take us. Thanks to all the family and friends who have helped us enjoy the ride!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

anna said...

I think Elder Eyring gave a devotional to graduating students at BYU once about that very topic - that the only thing predictable about life is its unpredictability. Pretty amazing, isn't it?

Happy Anniversary!! Did you get a trip to a hotel by yourself as a present, heheh. I guess that wouldn't make a very good anniversary present, but I think I would welcome that gift for any occasion. Reading uninterrupted. Room service. Sleeping in as late as I want. Yes, please.

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary! You two are an incredible couple. luck with everything!

AmyMc said...

Amanda, I am so happy for you both! Curtis and I will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary in October. I'll never ever forget you and Luke coming all the way to Southwest GA for our wedding. It really meant a lot to me that you came. Please know, if y'all ever want to make a trip to GA, you are always welcome to stay with us. We would love to have you!!! Congratulations!!!