Saturday, June 20, 2009

Jealous!

For her birthday, the husband of one of my friends gave her the fly-est gift ever! A stay in a hotel room ALL BY HERSELF!! I have no kidding thought of this as the ultimate in gifts since I was sharing a house with roommates after college. I mean really! A cushy bed that you don't have to make, time to read whatever book you want to read whenever you want, a spotless bathroom that you didn't clean yourself, a television that you can choose to watch or not watch, light-blocking drapes that give you the best shuteye ever. Seriously! And for a mom, the gift of being completely alone!! Luke doesn't quite get the appeal, but ladies out there, I know I'm not the only one who thinks of this as the ultimate in pampering!

2 comments:

Jana said...

I have to say that being completely alone would be a lil too creepy for me.

But a church friend who has 13 children would do something very similar that I thought sounded so wonderful:

After a new lil one was born, just mom & the baby would spend a few days alone together in a nearby hotel. Nothing but snuggling in the bed & nursing. Now THAT sounds sweet. Too bad it's not in the budget for us this time. Maybe our 13th. ;)

Ben and Leslie Evans said...

Amanda!!! I knew you had a blog, then I forgot, and now I just stumbled across it again. I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a thank you card for your sweet, sweet present and I've missplaced your address. Would you mind emailing me with it?? My email is lesliedianeevans@gmail.com. Your family is adorable and I'm so excite to have stumbled on your blog again!!! Love you!!!!!!