Saturday, July 04, 2009

Surprise Getaway


Luke surprised me with two announcements at the end of May. 1) His mother would be in town at the end of June and 2) He was taking me to a fab hotel on San Antonio's Riverwalk for 2 nights.
It was amazing! Time alone! And knowing that Laurel was in good hands was priceless! We kept turning to each other and saying, "We're on vacation!" I don't get that as a mom, and Luke said that the best part of the trip was how relaxed I was - we both needed some time to just focus on one another.
One evening, just before 11pm, Luke asked me if I wanted to go out. "But it's so late! Why...?" His answer, "Because we can," was golden - many of the local restaurants had closed, so we just took a stroll in the moonlight and had sparkling water and tapas at the hotel bar.
Anyway, I have the best husband ever and many thanks to Cristie for facilitating our get away and wow we have to do that more often!

5 comments:

Heather said...

So great. I am glad you had a good time.

Paige said...

What a pretty picture - your vacation sounds just perfect. Hooray!

Chelsi Ritter said...

congratulations, guys! what a wonderful way to spend a couple days together -- without worry about your kid!! kudos to grandma. and for being spontaneous at 11:00!

Lianne Barr said...

I LOVE that he did that! How wonderful to have a break and you didn't have to plan it!

Whitney Johnson said...

I LOVE San Antonio! So much yummy Mexico food!