Friday, September 04, 2009

Farmer's Market Debut

I finally fulfilled a dream! West Warwick has a tiny Farmer's Market on Wednesday afternoons/evenings and I had a table. Colorful tablecloth, cute sign with my specials of the day: carrot cake with caramel icing and chocolate peanut butter cream sandwich cookies. After paying the $15 to reserve my spot, and buying premium ingredients, I didn't make a profit. (Our town has the 4th highest unemployment in the state and you just can't expect them to pay fancy prices.) But it was such a blast! I met tons of people and a woman opening a coffeehouse downtown wants to work with me on stocking her shelves, so how fun is that? Well worth it. I told Luke I may just go next week and pass out free baked goods for fun - we stay at home moms have to get our kicks somehow, right?
Laurel had the most fun. A gentleman played acoustic guitar and sang and she stood in the middle of the plaza tapping her feet, clapping her hands, and dancing - you should have seen those pigtails go! The musician loaned her a tambourine at one point and she did a great job of keeping time. I love how unselfconscious this age is. And bemoaning the fact that we didn't have a camera!

3 comments:

Cheryl and William said...

Way to go Amanda!! That is so fun- what a great idea and I wish that I could have bought some of your baked goods- they sound delicious1

Lianne Barr said...

Good for you! sounds fun. I wish you had a camera, next time . . . Please?

Allison said...

What a fun adventure! That all sounds delicious. Amanda, you're my hero in so many ways!