Monday, October 05, 2009

Pregnancy Reality Check

I haven't been keeping track of this 2nd pregnancy like my last. With grandma in town, I figured I ought to know what week I'm in. I'm only organized enough these days to keep track of it in my planner, not in my head. I'm a few days beyond 16 weeks. After noting this, I sat down on the couch next to Luke's mom, then had to get up a few minutes later, and as I gathered the energy to launch myself off the couch, I groaned, looked over at Cristie, and said, "Man, I'm just over the halfway point and I already feel awful."
She gave me the weirdest look and then I shouted, "Oh no - pregnancy isn't 30 weeks, it's 40 weeks!"

2 comments:

Jana said...

Ha ha! Yes, subsequent pregnancies go by faster & slower all at the same time.

AmyMc said...

Amanda!!! I have gotten so behind and have not read your blog in a few months. I'm so excited for you! And to make things even more exciting, I'm expecting too. Garrison is going to be a big brother. I'm 13 weeks and can't wait to find out what we are having this time. Will you find out? I'm going to have to call you so we can talk.