Monday, November 02, 2009

Finally 30!



I've always wanted to be 30...figured I'd know "stuff" by now....We apparently had an unusual year of store-bought birthday goodies. I'd been eyeballing a flan-topped chocolate cake at our local Portuguese bakery. My mom used to make flan when I was very young, and I've always loved it. (Thank you Eliza, for the lime flan you made for my birthday in college.) It was great - the flan caramel oozed down into the chocolate cake below, drenching it in sweetness. Crazy!
I had asked one of my sisters for pastry bags and tips for decorating cupcakes. I was always bummed by how blase mine looked. These are my first attempt; not too bad!

5 comments:

Cheryl and William said...

Happy Birthday Amanda!! Hope that your day was as fabulous as you are!!!

mikbeth said...

Wow, a flan chocolate cake?!! Wow! And what pretty cupcakes!

Yogurl and Manburger said...

The cupcakes look great! Did you hollow them out with an apple corer?

Lianne Barr said...

Happy Birthday Amanda! And happy birthday Laurel!

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday!!!