Monday, January 11, 2010

Sweets-Free Zone

So through V-Day, I've decided to cut the sweets. My sugar indulgence these days consists of Trader Joe's unsweetened Gravenstein applesauce. (Oh man, it's almost better than my homemade applesauce!) Or, frosted shredded wheat. C'mon it's not like cereal is a dessert food - and it's just a few grams of sugar. But it gives me the fix I need to avoid making cookies and other such luscious goodies. Why? Well, I really overindulged during the holidays AND at 30 weeks I weigh as much as I did when I delivered Laurel. Got to put the brakes on... Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Cheryl and William said...

I wish you all the best in this endeavor! I would not be able to do it- I really do love sweets too much- so I admire you for giving it a go!

anna said...

What is it about pregnancy that makes sugar such a necessity?? And, don't feel bad - I got fatter with each pregnancy, but your body seems to return to normal in between - does that make sense?? So even though I gained more and more weight with each pregnancy, I always started out about the same. Crazy. Yes. Everything about pregnancy is crazy. and amazing.

Cindy said...

Wait aren't you pregnant? you are suppose to gain a little weight....But, good job. We are trying to do the same here!!

clara said...

That is my most favorite applesauce! Yum!