Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Extreme Nose-blowing or How I ruined my child's manners

Laurel has a cold, and halfway through our morning walk I realized I had neglected to stuff tissues in her pockets before leaving the house. But ever the resourceful mom, I offered her my t-shirt hem as a backup nose wiper.
An hour later I'm at home, making lunch at the kitchen counter when I feel Laurel tugging on my shirt. I thought she was trying to get my attention, but no, she was taking care of her runny nose situation. I had to explain that mommy's shirt as substitute tissue was a one-time deal.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I love it. I do that on occasion with Jonathan. It could definitely back fire on me.

Chelsi Ritter said...

woops! gotta love those moments when you realized you made a boo boo, and your little one isn't going to forget it!
by the way, i love the name dean; so you guys.

clara said...

I totally just laughed out loud over that! Hilarious!