Thursday, May 20, 2010

Accountability Project: 177.2 pounds (Week 5)

Okay, so my task this week is to eat slowly and mindfully. Gee, ever tried that with kids?? I am going to very slowly and mindfully eat the cake at my grandmother's 90th birthday party this weekend in St. Louis. My sisters spent time cake shopping and even gave the bakery our favorite frosting recipe to top it with. Cannot wait!
I really need to practice sitting when eating more - I've been a disaster this week - we have a few things going on that have rendered me highly distractable (that's a word, right?) and I've been munching left and right. Could do without the calories from the delish chocolate sour cream frosting that I kept sneaking tastes of from the mixing bowl (made for a birthday cake for a bbq tonight). Mmm mmm good though!

1 comment:

Jana said...

I think this book was not written w/ postpartum weight loss in mind! It takes YEARS after having kids to be able to sit down & eat a meal like a "normal" person.