Thursday, May 27, 2010

Accountability Project: 177.2 pounds (Week 6)

It's a miracle I didn't gain weight this week. Eating mindfully, sitting down while eating, eating veggies instead of carbs...yeah right! I didn't think I was stressed about this move. But after scarfing down half a dozen cookies, a burger, some fries, and chocolate shake I realized "oh yeah, I'm definitely a bit stressed about this transition". Now that we've signed the contract on the house and put down the deposit with the movers I feel a bit more calm - amazing how well my conscious mind says "I'm handling things just fine!" and my subconscious is racing around in a frenzy, darting from one snack to another. I'm not adding any other behavioral modifications to my life this week - I'm just going to focus on those habits that I had previously worked on building.

4 comments:

katharine said...

good luck with the move! the important thing about diets is that its good for you to cheat once in a while :) keep up the good work!

Paige said...

Congratulations to Luke on the job! And Midway is such a pretty little town.Good luck with the move!

Yogurl and Manburger said...

I know you will be glad when the move and stress is over so you can get back to a normal eating schedule and a normal stress level. Just do your best up until the move, but don't beat yourself up about it too much :)

Chelsi Ritter said...

congrats on the job!! i'm so excited for you guys. and that we will be able to join up sometime soon and catch up. the ranch house sounds awesome, too. good luck with the move!