Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Getting to Know the Neighbors

I love living in a house big enough for lots of guests, and I really wanted to throw a party after getting here. After brainstorming with my mom, we decided that hosting an open house wouldn't be as much fun as having a neighborhood potluck. So in honor of our fourth week in town, we dropped invites at the homes (and businesses) of all our neighbors on the surrounding streets. Our Saturday evening get together was a raging success; we had 40 people attend, kids playing in the yard, burgers on the [neighbors'] grill..I've never had so much fun. And we had a great mix of Mormon and non-Mormon attendees.
I can't wait until the holidays to do this again!

1 comment:

Yogurl and Manburger said...

what does a girl have to do to get some more photos on this blog? I'm glad the potluck went well.