Sunday, August 01, 2010

$1 is the best price for original artwork

Well, free is better. But. I saw this piece in a dingy brown frame at a yard sale a week ago and kept coming back to it. I loved the color of the sky but I couldn't decide in the hot summer sun if it would actually work in our home. But for $1 it's worth taking the risk. But after getting it home I love it - something painted by a random someone of part of the Seine? (Here's where I wish I spoke French.) I spray painted the frame last week, although looking back I should have used a flat white instead of a gloss white. I'll fix it some other time. But cool, huh? I love the painting's perspective.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Oooh, I love this! And your orange chair, too. I'd do my whole house orange if Jeff would let me. Such a life-affirming color.