Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sustaining and Defending the Constitution...

of the U.S. and "this state" that is. Yesterday I was sworn in as a member of the Planning Commission. We're currently revising the General Plan and I'm on the Moderate Income Housing and the Land Use Subcommittees. No surprise that Luke was also volunteered, as a member of the public, on the Economic Development Subcommittee. I love being this civic-ally involved! And I love swapping my mommy hat for my Amanda-the-adult-woman hat!

2 comments:

Allison said...

You're my hero, Amanda. Good for you!

Chelsi Ritter said...

way to go, and i'm not the least bit surprised. i know you'll do wonderful things!
about your hiking post; aspen and laurel seem to be at about the same hiking-level. aspen begs us to get her out of the hiking backpack, and then after 5 minutes of her walking she wants us to carry her in our arms. it's tough!