Sunday, October 31, 2010

And I'm 31...

I went to bed on the eve of my birthday and seriously shed some tears. 31 feels so much older than 30! 30 seems kind of hip, but 31 puts one officially in the thirties. I immediately wanted to buy a new wardrobe, grow out my hair, and buy expensive face cream. Sigh.
On the other hand, I did order the cake I've been lusting after for the past 4 years from Mrs. Backer's Bakery on South Temple. Marzipan buttercream frosting and raspberry filling. Delectable!

4 comments:

Yogurl and Manburger said...

How beautiful! I forgot how fabulous their flowers were. I hope it tasted as good as it looked.

Lianne Barr said...

Happy Birthday!! I felt the same way about turing 31. I love that cake:) Was it soooo delicious?

Allison said...

Happy (belated) birthday to you! (And Laurel, too - it's hard to believe she's that old!) That does look like an awesome cake - I'm two months from my birthday and already dreaming of mine.

mikbeth said...

I am sooo drooling! It sounds heavenly. What a GORGEOUS cake!