Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Extreme Couponing

So as we don't have television at our house, I have a love/hate relationship with the one at our resort. Luke was working late one night so I caught an episode of "Extreme Couponing" on TLC. Oh my.

I'm all for reducing expenses. But all I saw in these people's carts were piles of processed foods with artificial colors, bounteous amounts of sugar...It was just depressing. I love a good case lot sale so that I can stock up on canned pineapple (how else can I make Thai curry year round?), but man - I just don't know about having piles of Gatorade and sodium-rich soup at my beck and call. But to each his own.

1 comment:

Chelsi Ritter said...

your kids are adorable amanda. oh my!
i'm with you with the fatty stock-ups. i myself am an extreme couponer, but there are so many great deals out there on healthy, whole grain, low fat foods. once in a while i'll buy a box or two of cheap cookies, but there's just too many other good stuff out there to spend my money on!
you guys should totally do your backsplash. lots of work but so worth it!!