Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Birthday, Luke!

I think he's pretty blessed, having scored home ownership and his dream job at his alma mater just before turning 31! And he loves his lawn mower - yes people, that is self-propulsion at its finest! I actually love this mower too - it gives you a great workout, and it ends up being rather relaxing without the blast of the motor disturbing the peace. Maybe strict HOAs will start requiring these to curb pesky noise pollution?

I love our little yard - it's just .24 of an acre, but the backyard is completely private thanks to our huge juniper trees. We've already planned next year's garden and I'm drying seeds in preparation!

5 comments:

daddy said...

Hooray for Luke!! As long as you keep up with the grass, a push reel mower will do great and it is a great aerobic workout.

Petertammenson said...

I particularly like the combination of shorts, black socks, and push reel mower.

-Luke

mikbeth said...

Yes, I did like the black socks myself!

charice ford said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
katharine said...

we got a little mower just like that when we moved here :)