Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Interior House Photos

Luke really wanted to do yellow in the living areas, so I colormatched Behr to Glidden's Lemon Ice. It's a beautiful yellow...I still prefer blue, but it's fun to let Luke have his way every once in a while...People, you know I don't clean up my house for photos!




We love the arched windows in the living room; bets are they will be particularly expensive when we replace all the windows; the same windows are in the kids' rooms. And yes, I'm really getting curtains for these windows, and yes, this house is absolutely in a state of still needing to be organized/decorated. And wow does it need new flooring! I haven't decided what to do about the front door. I don't love the style and its security vulnerabilities scream "Warning, warning" every time I look at it. Time will tell.

This little wall separates the living from the kitchen area - and I love how clever I was: the small abstract piece by LDS artist Leslie Graff (a friend gave me an original!) hides our thermostat!



Our cute little kitchen is cute and little but it's ours. I love that the cabinets go all the way up to the ceiling! And I love my little sink window that looks out to the juniper bushes on the back of our lot line. And isn't that colius plant fly? Look at that color! A friend of Cristie's that owns a greenhouse in town gave it to us as a housewarming present, and I've already taken a cutting to start another.









Okay, check out these lights. Luke and Cristie were talking about the stagecoach lights in the kitchen, and I thought it was some nickname for the style of light. Oh no, that is an actual stagecoach on the globe! And the globes have MULTIPLE different scenes of stagecoaches on them. Anyone with a Jane Austen BBC fetish want them? Because I have a matched set - one in the kitchen, and one in the dining area. Wow!

5 comments:

Jana said...

Cute cute! I bet you could sell those globe lights on ebay...

mikbeth said...

All my bookcases look just like yours! An empty bookcase with books all over the floor in a heap. Evelyn thinks they look better there.

Love the kitchen! It is GORGEOUS! The plants and the white cabinets! Fabulous!

daddy said...

Love the colors. For the palladium windows, it may be cheaper to get custom made storm windows to be mounted inside the house if there is not enough brick molding to mount them on the outside. Great kitchen window. It's nice to look outside from the sink. Good job on the plants. Happy new developing baby. Love daddy.

Yogurl and Manburger said...

Seriously, some crazy western memorabilia collector will be all over those lights! I love the yellow, it looks some bright and inviting. And huge improvement with the white cabinets! Isn't it nice to get those projects done around the house to make it seem more "yours". You could always look at the faux stained glass film that they sell at Home Depot to cover the open glass on the door until you can afford a replacement. Or if you have a Habitat for Humanity Resale shop nearby, you could probably find a great deal on a new front door. Happy nesting!

Heather said...

Love it, Amanda. I'm hoping for an extended visit in Utah this summer so maybe we'll be able to drop in and see it in person. Congratulations.