Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bathroom Redo

Well, the very first stages at least. There are so many looks I want to try in my home, but some seem riskier than others. So what better place to put a decorating experiment than in a bathroom? I've coveted stripes for a long time and thought that black accents would be interesting and well outside my comfort zone.

Many thanks to my family for Home Depot Christmas gifts; love my new light fixture - especially in love with my LED bulbs. Still need to switch out for a white sink top and a brushed nickel lever handled faucet, but it's been surprisingly fun to save up for these. The mirror is a placeholder; I'll have beveled plate glass eventually, and will just move the $6 thrift store mirror to above the toilet. (Plate glass you say? So early 90s? Yes, but this is our family's main bathroom, and the kiddos love to look at themselves in the mirror, so I've decided to stretch mirror from vanity to light fixture. SO much easier for little ones to see themselves while they're brushing their teeth!) I love mirrors any and everywhere, especially in such a small space. I'm so happy with the stripes; Cristie did an amazing job!



4 comments:

daddy said...

Really looks nice. Like something from a magazine.

Yogurl and Manburger said...

Great color scheme, the stripes look awesome! Bummer at the mirror, b/c the black frame looks great on that wall. Maybe you could paint some wood trim pieces and frame your plate glass mirror for the same effect?

kmb said...

It's elegant, I love the stripes! And i luv the color Luke chose for your bedroom. So glad you're posting all your fun projects in your home. thx again for yesterday...so excited for our next luncheon! xo

Chelsi Ritter said...

OH MY GOODNESS amanda this looks so beautiful!! i love it!