Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thank you, Allison, for breakfast!

I have my friend Allison to thank for turning frantic mornings with a tired mommy into a trip to the park. Now, the night before, I fill up my 2 quart crock pot with steel cut oats, cinnamon, vanilla, water, plug it into the appliance timer, and dish out my whole grains in the morning - this has completely been my morning lifesaver! The kids love it, and usually I'll scoop it into bowls on top of some frozen berries, which will defrost while the oatmeal is cooling. I particularly like to stir in crunchy peanut butter - and a drizzle of agave syrup, please!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Yay - I'm so glad you're all enjoying it! I haven't tried peanut butter in mine but that does sound amazing - thanks for the suggestion!

mikbeth said...

That sounds amazing! Tell me how!