Thursday, April 26, 2012

Our basement

I've never been excited about basements; in fact, my dream house wouldn't have one. But our home's basement is lovely - and especially now that the weather is warming up, I see the appeal. And it's great to have a bonus living space. Our basement is just one big room, but it's filled with light from the two large windows. I'm so grateful to have natural light! This is just a view down the stairs - the white "wainscoting" was originally dark wood paneling - yuck! It's so much fresher now. And I love the other paint color; it's Martha Stewart's Love-In-A-Mist , and it is just the happiest pale blue. If I had my druthers I'd paint the whole house in it. And the bags/aprons hanging in the stairwell are copied from my mother. There isn't enough room in the front closet for those pesky church bags for myself and the kids, so hanging them in the stairwell from 3M hooks has been a great short term solution. Thanks mom!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Looks good. I love basements. Enjoy!

Yogurl and Manburger said...

Seriously a fabulous color! I love pale shades of blue and it is so nice to have natural light in the basement.