Thursday, April 26, 2012

Our House

I don't think I've ever posted a picture of the front of the house. I will say that I was NEVER interested in a split-level; my dream house is a 1970s one-level ranch, but we really feel that we were led to this house/neighborhood/ward, so we're happy - and it was a great price. The landscaping in summer looks awesome - now, not so much. We love the rocks, but I have plans for this plot by the front door. It will have to wait until next year as we're putting all extra money into fruit/vegetable producing garden things right now. It will be even more awesome when we jettison the swamp cooler on the roof and install central air, but I have a feeling that is WAY low on the list of priorities!

1 comment:

daddy said...

In an area with low humidity, a swamp cooler, evaporative cooler, is probably the most cheapest means of cooling a house. You may have to add a quart of slimicide once a year to the water and hose out the coils/baffles once a year, but they are really good. Love daddy.